Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas *ain't* Just for Kids

My nieces and I visiting Santa
It seems the older I get the more I hear the phrase: Christmas is for kids.. But the more I hear it the only response I have is where did you get that from? Who decided that Christmas was for children?

All my life I was taught that Christmas is when we celebrate the birth of Jesus and the only present we give to him is giving to each other. Christmas is about family, those you consider family, friends and giving. Is there an age limit on those things?

Now, does Santa really park his sled on your roof and come down the chimney (..or fire escape for some of us)... that's for you to decide. But I do believe in the Spirit of Santa.. meaning we all can be somebodies Santa.  Santa's spirit is warm, thoughtful, and giving. Do I get excited about getting gifts... YESS!! But as I've gotten older, waiting to see other people's reaction to what I give them is even more exciting. I think Christmas brings out the kid in all of us...










So, as an adult do you still get excited about Christmas or do you leave that for the kiddies? Tell me.. 

Share it!

3 comments:

  1. I get so excited for Christmas! It's a time for joy, giving and anticipation. It's all about Jesus in our home.

    I love that fun photo! Cute!

    Thanks for sharing and for linking up to the #CHRISTMASbloghop.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend and a very Merry Christmas!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you and your family as well! Joy, giving and anticipation seem like all the right ingredients for a great holiday season.
      Thanx for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Christmas holidays are waiting for not only children. Many adults believe in the miracle of Christmas as little children. It is magical and fun.

    ReplyDelete