Monday, April 28, 2014

Honored to be Honored - Liebster Award

I am truly honored by this award, especially after only 26 days of blogging. Honestly, I had to Google to find out what a Liebster Award was, that's how new to the blogging world I am. With that said...

Steps to mic with award in hand*

I would like to first give thanks to God because without him this would not have been possible. I want to thank my parents for making me who (the blogger) I've turned out to be. And most importantly, I would like to give a special thanx to Ms. Avie T. over at All Things Avie for the nomination. I am humbled.

Music begins to play, Applause*

Here Are The Rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who are new bloggers and have less than 200 followers.
5. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
6. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

Questions from Avie T & Answers from Me:

1. What is your favorite hobby?
I honestly love to swim, but blogging is quickly moving into the number one spot.

2. How many pets do you have? If any post a pic.
No pets of my own, but I do have a niece named Coco. She's a chocolate poodle.

3. Name one make up pet peeve of yours.
Eye Shadow that crease. Ugh! It looks like I have extra eyelids.

4. For your nails, do you like nail polish, natural, or salon?
Being that I'm a nurse, I tend to stick to natural because polish chips very fast with all the hand washing I have to do. I love a gel manicure, it lasts much longer than regular polish but I usually get it only for special occasions. A good pedi lasts me about month. I look forward to those.

5. Are you reading any books? If so, what book?
Not reading any books right now, but I hear that The Love Playbook is a good one.

6. What is your favorite song at the moment?
It always seems like the songs I have on repeat are never whats being played on the radio. I'm a Elle Varner fan and she released a single on Sound Cloud called Rover. Love that track.

7. What is your favorite movie?
My favorite movie of all time is The Color Purple but it shares the "favorite" spot with the Hangover. I know, two VERY different movies, but both great in their own right.

8. What do you eat the most of?
My family is from the south so we eat Cornbread and Collard greens often.

9. Are you a collector or a regulator?
I still have my childhood Barbie collection but as an adult, its all about bags and shoes!

10. Do you like sports? If so, what is your favorite?
I'm a Yankee fan and I watch football when the Superbowl is on... something about those sweaty guys in tight pants.

11. If you had to take one item and one item only to an island, what item would that be?
My computer! I hope there's internet on this island. I could shop, take pics, order pizza listen to music and most importantly BLOG.

...And the Nominees Are: 

((little fat notebook))
Twenties Chic
Amber Kristine
Sowing Seeds in Them
Everything Beautiful
My Little Diary
Freedoms Life

Congrats to all the nominees! 

Here are your questions:
1. How did you choose the title of your blog?
2. Favorite trend: Peplum top, floral prints, or lace?
3. What is your dream car?
4. When was the last time you dressed up for Halloween? What was your costume?
5. Perfect vacation: Sandy beach or snowy slopes?
6. What is your favorite fruit?
7. Who would you say knows you the best?..other than yourself
8. Do you have a favorite color you like to wear?
9. If you could see your dream performer in concert, who would it be?
10. What's your favorite section in the supermarket?
11. Give a random fact about yourself that's not in your "about me" section.

Share it!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the nomination!! Well deserved, and thanks so much for nominating me in return! I literally L-O-L-ed at the "steps up to the mic" haha and that poodle is the cutest!! Looking forward to answering your questions and to your next post! :)

    xoxo,
    Jen
    www.twentieschic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Like wise. It was definitely fun to write. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!! Dropping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats girl!

    www.simplysassysstyle.com

    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! Loved your answers! Yessss the collecting game changes big time as an adult! I can relate on collecting shoes for sure! Not so much bags, but the shoes I can. =]

    ReplyDelete