Friday, October 24, 2014

Where's the Momentum..

Reaching a goal, momentum please, running up stairs, climbing
Ugh... 6 months ago when I started this blog I would stay up all night just to write a post knowing I had work the next day. I was excited and motivated and losing sleep didn't matter.

But sleep deprivation catches up with you and suddenly you find that its been 3 days since your fingers have been near a keyboard and you haven't even been promoting the last post you wrote on social media like you should.

You go from 2-3 posts a week to maybe 1 post a week to hoping that you get a post up. Then in walks the guilt, stage left.

Lets not forget about the dreaded question.. What am I going to write about?! As a blogger, we know that quality content is key if you want to keep your readers- reading. Your blog is nothing without content. For those of us who don't have a niche, this can be an even bigger issue.

What will my next post be about? Should I just review a product? Maybe I should make something, cook something, or buy something and tell people how I did it... Is this a blog or an online journal?
To monetize or not to monetize... that is the question (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

If you have felt this way about blogging or you feel this way now... know that you are in great company. It doesn't make you a bad blogger, its just like anything else you do in life. Don't force it. When it's suppose to happen, it will.

                                                                                           God ~ Love ~ Beauty
                                                                                                   Madame Dream



Share it!

14 comments:

  1. I agree, it's important to blog when it suits you. There's no point in forcing out posts as they're really obvious!

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its true. I try to post when my thoughts and ideas are flowing even if it takes a little longer to get it done. The results are usually better.

      Delete
  2. Good point! I really like filling in the 'gaps' with: round up posts, link up ( I now co host a weekly link up) and pic based posts :)
    It is hard to keep thinking of things to share...but it does come when it's ready, doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good link up.. although I've never hosted one. I like the idea of a pic based post, I may need to try that. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
    2. I agree with this post completely!
      It's best not to force things and try and make things happen.. The best blogs are the ones that improve naturally over time :)

      Delete
    3. Looking forward to improving and becoming more consistent over time! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on 6 months of blogging. Wishing you success with you blogging too! Thanks for stopping by and wishing me well wishes on y 2 year Blogiversary!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  6. If we talking about the region of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and Middle east then there are some
    top ERP companies that run their blog on a daily bases in which SolutionDots Systems is one of them that published good content on daily Bases.

    ReplyDelete